Friday, February 20, 2015

Baha'i Worldview Research

Hello everyone: My name is Tony Hipszer. I represent a small team of graduate students that desires to study the worldview perspectives of people who are Baha'i friendly (current members, former members, or seekers). The technical term for the study is "Ethnography," but you might think of it as cultural anthropology research.

We invite you to participate in our study by agreeing to an interview where we will ask you questions about your understandings of origins, power, destiny, truth and good vs evil. The interviews generally take 60-90 minutes. If you live within driving distance of Columbia, SC we would prefer to meet in person - and we can treat you to lunch or dinner in appreciation for your efforts. If the distance is too great, we are able to chat via phone, Skype or some other electronic means.

To learn more on how you can help us, email Bahai.Ethnography@outlook.com or call 856-889-0265. Please leave a message if I do not answer.

In the interest of transparency, my teammates and I are Christian theology majors (M.Div. and MA) however this is research only and not an attempt to evangelize. I personally am a M.Div. Chaplaincy student who graduates next year. I intend to apply the results of my learning in this project practically – as a chaplain, I will encounter people of many faiths. This study will enable me to represent the presence of God and care for people in a way that does not violate their heartfelt beliefs, or mine.

I look forward to hearing from you!

God bless!


Thanks – T

No comments:

Post a Comment